Types of Personal Data
The Practice holds personal data in the following categories:
- Patient clinical and health data and correspondence.
- Staff employment data.
- Contractors’ data.
Why we process Personal Data (what is the”purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
- Patient data is held for the purpose of providing clients with appropriate, high quality, safe and effective laser treatment.
- Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
- Contractors’ data is held for the purpose of managing their contracts.
What is the lawful basis for processing Personal Data?
The law says we must tell you this:
- We hold patients’ data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so. Without holding the data, we cannot work effectively. ( We also must hold data on NHS care and treatment as it is a Public Task required by law).
- We hold staff employment data because it is a legal obligation for us to do so.
- We hold contractors’ data because it is needed to fulfil a contract with us.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so.
- Patient data may be shared with other healthcare professionals who need to be involved in your care. (For example if you are referred to a specialist or need laboratory work undertaken).
- Patient data may be stored for back-up purposes with our computer software supplier.
- Employment data will be shared with government agencies such as HMRC.
- DBS checks for employees is required and shared securely.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
- Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly: we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
- Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not
- Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
- Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
- Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
How long is the Personal Data stored for?
- We will store client data for as long as we are providing care, treatment or recalling patients for further care.
- We will archive (that is, store it without further action) for as long as is required for legal purposes as recommended by the NHS or other trusted experts recommend
- We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
- We must store contractors’ data for seven years after the contract is ended.
For more information please see out Data protection Policy
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about or data processing?
You can complain in the first instance to our Data protection Officer, who is Stephanie France.
Please contact the practice and we will do our best to resolve the matter. If this fails you can complain to The Information Commissioner at www.ico.oeg.uk/concerns or by calling 03031231113